Aeronautical weight and gravity center calculation system
- To measure aircraft weight and gravity center X coordinate in a full controlled weighing cycle, in less than 30mn per cycle.
- To ensure a maximum weight error of 100kg for a 150 000kg aircraft total weight, and a maximum error of 14mm for X COG coordinate measurement for a 45 meters nose to tail aircraft.
- To provide reliable industrial system interface to Final Assembly Lane external computer aided test system, to share measurement results, manage traceability, and to allow full remote control and weighing procedure quality auditory.
- Seven Systratec REFERENCE platform scales, custom made to fit aircraft footprint in every configuration, equipped with High-End Class III load cells controlled by seven Systratec CORE electronics with custom firmware and the required Systratec LCGrid expansion modules.
- Full automated lifting machine under nose landing gear platform, with its sensors and actuators managed by one Systratec CORE electronics, working together with a Systratec CORE based WiFi inclinometer, installed on the aircraft, to measure its pitch angle with 0.005º resolution.
- One Weighing Auxiliary Industrial Mean central cabinet to control the whole system, show and share the results, and able to accept remote commanding from external Computer Aided Tests Systems.
High-End aeronautical systems require same level documentation, tools and after sale services.
Detailed Weighing Procedure
Developed to ensure measurement process repeatability, traceability and Quality Department control.
Detailed Mechanical Maintenance Procedure
Yearly based preventive maintenance policy to ensure uninterrupted service during complete aircraft program.
Detailed Metrological Maintenance Policy
Detailed adjustment procedure and metrological essays set, extracted from OIML recommendations, to ensure system accuracy during aircraft program.
Long term Spare Parts Policy
Responsible spare parts policy to ensure its availability during the whole program.
In comparison with the ancient on-jack weighing and gravity center calculation method, with Systratec ground system you will obtain:
No jack position error. No jack levelling error. No manual adjustment required during weighing cycle. No aircraft structure jack reaction efforts.
Dynamic aircraft pitch adjustment during tests for special purposes.
Aircraft pitch angle full remote control during the full cycle, allowing the team to perform many different tests to measure ground reactions safely.
Exactly same measurement conditions every time. Measurement taken always at the same time and after the same settling time.
Work Safety Conditions Improvements
No people required around the aircraft during measurement cycle. Easy aircraft towing to and from the system. No suspended loads.
Measurement Uncertainty Reduction
Aircraft stands static on landing gear in the configuration desired, with no external effort on its structure, during the whole measurement time. Aircraft landing gear suspension under controlled steady status.
Weighing cycle time reduction
The system is always ready to be used. There is nothing to install and nothing to uninstall. Just tow de aircraft and take the measurement.
Another High-End Weight & Balance Measurement Instrument?
Systratec CARBON AERO Reference
The most advanced Weighing and Gravity Center Measurement Mobile System for the Aerospace Industry
Would you like more information?
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.